STA301 Assignment Fall 2016Here is the Assignment No.1 of VU Course STA301 Fall 2016 (Total Marks 15)
Deadline 9th Nov, 2016. Statistics and Probability Assignment No.1 Problems Discussion and Solution.
Click Here to Read: STA 301 Assignment No.1 Solution
STA301 Assignment No.1
STUDENTS ARE STRICTLY DIRECTED TO SUBMIT THEIR ASSIGNMENT BEFORE OR BY DUE DATE. NO ASSIGNMNENT AFTER DUE DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA E.MAIL).
STA301 Assignment Rules for MarkingIt should be clear that your Assignment will not get any credit IF:
• The Assignment submitted, via email, after due date.
• The submitted Assignment is not found as MS Word document file.
• There will be unnecessary, extra or irrelevant material.
• The Statistical notations/symbols are not well-written i.e., without using MathType software.
• The Assignment will be copied from handouts, internet or from any other student’s file. Copied material (from handouts, any book or by any website) will be awarded ZERO MARKS. It is PLAGIARISM and an Academic Crime.
• The medium of the course is English. Assignment in Urdu or Roman languages will not be accepted.
• Assignment means Comprehensive yet precise accurate details about the given topic quoting different sources (books/articles/websites etc.). Do not rely only on handouts. You can take data/information from different authentic sources (like books, magazines, website etc) BUT express/organize all the collected material in YOUR OWN WORDS. Only then you will get good marks.
Objective(s) of STA301 Assignment:• The assignment is being uploaded to strengthen the students’ BASIC concepts about statistics.
• Practice for arranging and displaying already collected data into an organized form, using given statistical method.
• Make students able to understand the concept of Presentation of data.
STA301 Assignment.1 (Lessons 1-5)STA301 Assignment Question 1: Marks: 2.5+2.5=5
Calculate the relative frequencies, percentage relative frequencies from the following table.
Assignment Question 2: Marks: 5+5=10
Construct the (i) Frequency polygon (ii) Ogive for the following distribution:
Class Limit 8-12 13-17 18-22 23-27 28-32
Frequency 5 1 3 6 5