ENG101 Assignment No 1ENG101 Assignment No 1 Solution and Discussion Due Date: Nov 14, 2016
English Comprehension (Eng101)
Assignment No.1-Fall 2016
Total Marks: 20
ENG101 Assignment No 1 Instructions:
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Also Read:MTH202 Assignment No 01 2016 - Solution
MGT101 Assignment No 01 Fall 2016
CS101 Assignment No. 01 Fall 2016 - Introduction To Computing
STA301 Assignment No.1 Solution 2016
ENG101 - Reading Comprehension Passage:A rugged young hunter pauses after a successful deer hunt, as his dogs bark and jump around him excitedly. He stands motionless, his serious gaze turned downward and his bent leg resting on the root of a large, sawed-off tree stump. A deerskin and rifle are slung over his shoulders, and antlers dangle from one hand. His hunting skills are key to his survival because he will sell the skin and antlers. This somber scene is set in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State. The sky is gray and overcast, with just a hint of sun and blue sky shining through the clouds. The distant mountains look cold and dark, and the oranges, yellows, and golds of autumn in the nearby trees and underbrush are fading to wintry browns. The only living creatures in this lonely landscape are the huntsman and his dogs.
Winslow Homer became an artist after working as a magazine illustrator. He was a great admirer of nature and took hunting vacations in the Adirondacks with his brother for forty years. Because he wanted to capture the mood and feeling of being in nature, Homer patiently observed the natural world and recorded it as realistically as possible. When he made this painting, the unspoiled wilderness that he loved was quickly disappearing due to the spread of modern cities, railroads, and factories. In fact, it was painted just one year before the establishment of the Adirondack National Park, which helps protect millions of acres of mountainous land whose natural beauty can still be enjoyed today.
ENG101 Assignment Questions with Solution
Answer the given questions.
Assignment No 1 Marking Scheme: 2+2+2+2+2+3+3+4=20
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 1What is the rugged young hunter doing in the painting?
- 1Preparing to go hunting
- Pausing after a successful deer hunt (Correct Answer)
- Feeding his dogs
- Teaching his dogs to hunt
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 2
- The person who painted the picture and the time period in which it was painted
- The similarities between the scenery in the painting and the scenery of the artist’s hometown
- The history of hunting and settlement around the Adirondack mountains (Correct Answer)
- The family and friends whom the artists used as models for his paintings.
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 3
- The antlers dangling from the young hunter’s head
- The dogs barking and jumping around excitedly
- The deerskin and rifle slung over the young hunter’s shoulders
- The presence of only the huntsman and his dogs in the landscap (Correct Answer)
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 4
- His fascination with moderanization
- His growing hatred for loneliness
- The money he might receive for selling this type of painting
- His love of the Adirondack Mountains’ wilderness and his concern for their loss (Correct Answer)
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 5
- Winslow Homer wanted to capture the mood and feeling of being in nature in his paintings
- The unspoiled wilderness that Winslow Homer loved was quickly disappearing due to the spread of modern cities, railroads, and factories.
- Winslow Homer made a painting depicting a somber scene set in the Adirondack mountains (Correct Answer)
- Winslow Homer patiently observed the natural world and recorded it as realistically as possible.
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 6
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 7
Answer: Following elements of the painting create the somber feeling:-
“The unspoiled wilderness was quickly disappearing due to the spread of modern cities, railroads, and factories.”
ENG101 Assignment Question no. 8
Note: You may use the following links to create the Word Cloud image.
ENG101 Question no. 8 Solution:
Create a word cloud image of the given passage and paste it in your assignment file.
Step by Step Solution:
- Open the following link: https://tagul.com/
- Create your account by signing up.
- Create a new cloud.
- Import text from your assignment. Copy the text of first two paragraphs and paste them on your cloud.
- Once done with the above steps, click on "visualize".
- This will create an image of the text.
- Then save this image on your desktop.
- While completing your assingment on ms word, insert this image with Question 8.